Minutes have now been posted from the meeting of Richmond City Council regarding proposed parking strategy for Steveston Village:
(1) That Option 1 to retain free public parking on City-managed parking spaces in the Steveston Village area, as described in the report, be endorsed as a trial strategy and that staff report back on its effectiveness after the trial period in Fall 2012;
(2) That Council send a letter to the Steveston Harbour Authority (SHA) and the Steveston Merchants Association expressing its support of the two parties working together to facilitate employee parking in the SHA lot on Chatham Street on a temporary basis from June 11 to September 30, 2012, as generally proposed in Attachment 2;
(3) That staff be directed to negotiate the renewal of the City’s licence of occupancy for 3771 Bayview Street with the Steveston Harbour Authority and report back on the outcome of these discussions as soon as possible;
(4) That, as described in the report, staff be directed to:
(a) develop short- and long-term streetscape visions for Bayview Street and Chatham Street and report back by the end of 2012; and
(b) undertake the supplementary improvements to support other travel modes.
(5) That staff investigate the possibility of accommodating the parking needs of those that paid into the Steveston Parking Fund and report back.
ADOPTED ON CONSENT